[PLUG] Roundcube as an alternative...

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Tue Apr 11 13:58:04 UTC 2017

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017, Michael Christopher Robinson wrote:

> Frustrated with Horde Webmail, I switched to RoundCube.
> Unfortunately, I am using in the clear port 25 smtp and in the clear
> port 143 imap. Can't figure out how to configure postfix and dovecot
> otherwise.

I don't use postfix, but I can help on dovecot. Here are the ssl
parameters I use:

ssl = required
ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3
ssl_cipher_list = HIGH:!IDEA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!MD5:!ADH:!EXP:!PSK:!aECDH:!3DES
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers = yes
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/tls/certs/my-cert.pem
ssl_key = </etc/pki/tls/private/my-key.pem
ssl_dh_parameters_length = 2048
ssl_parameters_regenerate = 5 days

I manage dovecot using a single dovecot.conf, avoiding the conf.d/*
include-style stuff, so the SSL configuration just sits in my main
configuration. You may have to adjust things a bit if you rely on
include files.