[PLUG] 'tree' output not in US-ASCII character set

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 05:54:37 UTC 2017

Have you considered those files/directories to be showing their correct
UTF-8 names?
If that is so, and you do not like it, rename them.
If you cannot easily rename them because of their "funny" names, I
recommend using find with its plethora of options to pick up those
files individually. Something like this normally saves my skin:
find ./ -name/size/date/type 'searchGlobString/regexp/number/date/...'
-exec mv {} newNameInASCII \;
Hope it helps, Tomas