[PLUG] /tmp/pgp-*

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 1 17:29:45 UTC 2017

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017, David Barr wrote:

> I usually see a gpg-agent automatically launched when someone does a shell
> login to a host. At that point, gpg-agent is launched through
> .bash-profile or .bashrc, so something in that stack. So...

David,

   Interesting. It's not explicitly called in either of these files.

> - Are you the only person to connect to this host?

   Yes.

> - Could a part of your start up be launching the gpg-agent?

   I suppose.

> - Have you looked at the process list ("ps -ef" or "ps -a") to see if a
> - gpg-agent is running?

   Yes. There are many such processes in various stages of suspension. For
example:

31409 ?        Ss     0:30 /usr/bin/gpg-agent --sh --daemon --write-env-file
/home/rshepard/.cache/gpg-agent-info

   No question that something is invoking it, but still no clue what or why.
Having many such processes is not an issue, my interest is clearing /tmp/ of
these small subdirectories now and then.

Regards,