[PLUG] Anybody else using StableHost?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Aug 11 00:58:07 UTC 2017

Is anybody else using StableHost for web hosting and email?

I've been having some problems with email going through StableHost. I've
been back and forth with them since Monday night. They finally found a
solution for my email, but haven't found one for my wife's email. The
techs that I've encountered during this time have been polite (it's all
done via email to my gmail account with up to an hour between responses)
but it's hard to tell how much they know. Sometimes I get an answer that
sounds like they don't know what to do. Sometimes I get an instruction
that is pretty general, and it takes another hour to get an explanation.
They ask for as much detail as I can provide on their initial ticket
page. When I provide more detail in the emails, sometimes it's like they
didn't see my question.

They just did a server migration over the weekend, and the problems
began after that. I don't know if it's that they're just swamped with
problems, or if this is normal response time for them. I've not had this
kind of response in the few times I've needed assistance in the past.

Anyway, mostly just venting, but I'd like to know if anyone else is
experiencing problems with StableHost.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens