[PLUG] ENU,Inc R.I.P.

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Aug 13 13:46:30 UTC 2017

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017, Russell Senior wrote:

> ENU, while still an annoying 15-20 minute drive from my house, has been
> my go-to source for emergency computer parts (particularly hard disks)
> for the last couple decades.  I am sad to see them go.

   I, too, have driven a distance (from Troutdale) to their store for
components since about the time they opened. I built a few desktops with
parts purchased from them and they always had excellent advice about which
to use and which to avoid for a linux box.

> Does anyone have favorite, local alternatives that aren't Fry's and Best Buy?

   No, but I'm also interested in learning if there is one. Amazon and Newegg
are good, but if there's a local vendor that's my first choice.