[PLUG] Century Link sales at the door

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 05:33:19 UTC 2017

Hi Denis,
As about "CL, Comcast and just about anybody else ranking down in the
mud" - Isn't this the general trend including politics, health, car
dealers, etc., etc., etc.?  With very few exceptions such as Amazon's
customer service, .....
That being said, we still have to get on living and it does no harm to
visit CL office and be nice to them. After all you can cancel the
service for free during the first 30 days. It has worked for me and I
got the service and decent treatment.
When I was listening to the other customers, I decided to trust them
what they say despite their info on the web. That was a change for me.
Of course, the Corporation screwed up my signing up confirmation email
and doubled the price.
One more visit to the local branch/shop, being nice about it, they
refunded the difference. I returned the router too, so it was not
wasted visit. I promptly signed up for the paperless billing and auto
payment, so that I can go for more refunds if needed again.
Is that ideal state of affairs? It certainly is not, but this is not
the great first class country "it maybe once was" anymore. Like in any
other 3rd world place personal relationships matter more. Thankfully,
one does not have to bribe them to get connected yet.
The email turned up much longer than I expected, hope it entertains,
Tomas