[PLUG] Alpine issue after upgrade

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 21 16:49:57 UTC 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> My first suggestion -- and perhaps you've already tried it -- is to move
> your standard .pinerc out of the way and let alpine create a new one. Then
> add the minimum configuration bits you need to read your mail and see if
> the problem still exists.

Paul,

   Yesterday I did the equivalent by moving ~/.pinerc to a different name
then copying /etc/pinerc to ~/.pinerc. No improvements.

   Just now I took your suggestion and there's still no improvement.

   It's strange that the new version strips off the subject line _only_ when
I forward a message, not when I reply to one.

   I, too, have no reason to move from alpine so if you have thoughts on what
to try next, or where I might find some docs on this. My web search finds
hits on Outlook and a couple of similar issues with earlier alpine versions
(on BSD), but nothing helpful.

Thanks,