[PLUG] Cheap printer for Raspberry Pi idea

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 07:25:42 UTC 2017

I solved this kind of portability, and more, by purchasing an inverter.
I find that way more universal than trying to get stuff working on
battery power with unstable voltage. True 110V socket in the car is
awesome for road and marine trips. The size of the inverter is about
15x20x5cm.
If you chose to go this route, I would advice to get true sine wave
inverter. It costs 2-3x more but it works way better than the square
and/or modified sine wave inverters. They (not the true sine wave one)
caused my power bricks + the inverter to overheat and it was bloody
noisy. You can draw max 15A out of lighter socket in the car so 120
-150W inverter is all you can feed without wiring it directly to the
battery. I got it in Frys' after returning the cheaper modified sine
wave one.
Hope it helps, Tomas