[PLUG] The joy of refactoring

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Aug 24 00:13:01 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-23 at 10:30 -0700, Dave wrote:
> In 1969-70 I was at the U of Ills where I met a DEC PDP-8. Would
> change
> my career path.
>
> Ran my Doctoral Dissertation data analyses on an IBM 360/40 in 1970
> at
> Cal Poly SLO. Fun days.

When I moved to Alaska I had been going to a private school. My reading
skills were very good, but my math skills we not. My mother hired a
math tutor for me from the University of Alaska. She figured the best
method to get me interested in math was by teaching me Fortran. I was
in 4th grade at the time. Spent a lot of time in the computer lab from
then on.