[PLUG] Linux Widows Guide

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Aug 28 18:35:51 UTC 2017

Over 25 years, my wife has grown dependent on me to
maintain the computers and fix problems.  I worry
that if something happens to me, she will be unable
to stay connected, do upgrades, keep the printers
working, get stuff repaired and replaced, and resist
charlatans and crooks exploiting her current lack of
knowledge.

We are considering a project over the next year:
writing a "Linux Widow's Guide".  Perhaps that title
is sexist;  I have met many competent women Linux
adepts, but none with a non-techy husband depending
on Linux systems that she exclusively maintains.
"Linux Widow(er)s Guide" seems clunky and harder for
a librarian to catalog, but might actually sell better.

I imagine there are many "Linux Spouses" on this list
with similar dependents;  would anyone else like to
contribute writing to this project?

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com