[PLUG] Figure out IP camera

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 05:02:26 UTC 2017

Folks,
I purchased a borescope, it has a wifi output on it to view the borescope
video,
but it works with android and iOS. I am trying to get into it with a web
browser to
see if I can pull the video that way.

A scan shows the following UDP ports open
53
8000
49153

I am assuming that they are using one of those ports for the video, but not
sure how to try to get it to send video to me without the app. I have tried
get a packet capture on the android device I have the app installed on.

This is a General Tool borescope (same concept at an endoscope) I would
like to be able to view the video on something beside a phone. I have been
able to find the paths to video sources on ip cameras but this thing has me
stumped.

I tried running wireshark on a laptop and tried to do a capture on the data
on the Wifi channel but no joy. I remember that I used to be able to do it
in
the past, but guess either the encryption or something is not working in
promiscuous mode. .

--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.