[PLUG] Mount cifs share from fstab.

Smith, Cathy Cathy.Smith at pnnl.gov
Tue Dec 5 01:32:39 UTC 2017

I work in a multi-user environment where authentication is performed by Kerberos.  So all user accounts in the Active Directory domain, use their AD password to login to the Linux servers.   The Linux server is configured as a samba server.   We run Red Hat here.   I just have a basic samba server configuration running on the Linux server.  I don't have to have the account's password specified as long as the account is in the AD domain.  We only use the .sambpass file for non-AD accounts.  Those account must have a local password entry on the Linux server.

Cathy
--
Cathy L. Smith
IT Engineer