[PLUG] Emacs org-mode

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 6 20:56:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017, Johnathan Mantey wrote:

> IMO, the naming structure of your tags is a personal decision. Every
> person is going to have a different opinion of the *appropriate* way to
> create their tags.

Jonathan,

   Because the manual wrote nothing about the use of the prefixes I thought
they had no specific meanings, but it's good to have this confirmed.

> Can you clarify what you are after with respect to issue #2? Where the
> tags are located, is once again, up to you. You can either place your tags
> in your .emacs/.init file using the *org-tag-alist* variable, or you can
> place *#+TAGS:* fields within your org file.

   I asked the question poorly. For consistency I want to use the same tag
for all appropriate instances so I wonder if there's a way to create a
lookup list of tabs. Perhaps it's not an issue with a limited number of
tags.

> Finally.... for devotees of the One True Program there is a Slack group,
> pdx-emacs.slack.com.

   Good to know. How do I become involved? Since I do a lot of writing and
other work with emacs and use it with R and Python I am going to start using
it for spatial analyses with GRASS, too. And use GTD via org-mode for
tracking 'stuff,' projects, and TODOs.

Thanks,