[PLUG] com port in guest to usb in host (virtual box)

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 21:22:28 UTC 2017

I want to use a DMM with a serial connection.  The sw for the DMM is for
windows. It runs under Win2k (guest) on the desktop which has a serial
port.   Is it possible to get it to run under Win2k (guest) on the laptop
which does not have a serial port?  I purchased a Sabrent usb to serial
adapter that I hoped to use for this.

I expect the problem is that I cannot get VB to pass the virtual com port
data from the guest to the usb port in the host (ubuntu).  If this is
impossible or too difficult to be practical I will pursue linux sw for the
DMM, although I may run into a similar problem.  The DMM is Mastech MAS-344.

Thanks for any clues.

-Denis