[PLUG] Figure out IP camera

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 04:04:29 UTC 2017

Mike,
I used VLC, I used to use it a lot to pry open ip cameras in order to find
the
video stream for use with ZoneMinder. Your description is pretty much what
I did. Indeed here is my process line.

1. Scan all ports with nmap.  The 3 named were what I found. I did not find
any TCP ports open just UDP.  Port 554 did not show up, I was hoping it
would.

A scan with Net Cat gave the same results. So those appear to be the only
ports open. I guess my next step is to give them a call and see if they can
give me any info.

Indeed ZoneMinder is a very good resource for camera info, but that one is
not there.

It has been a while since I did that sort of thing, one of the things that
I found
was that most of these cameras have two streams a jpg stream and a RTSP
stream. Now days the published one is the RTSP port, but usually if you poke
around a bit you will find the jpg stream too. I found that law enforcement
likes
the jpg stream, they have a lot of tools to process it.

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Mke C> <mconnors1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/03/2017 05:41 AM, plug-request at pdxlinux.org wrote:
>
>> A scan shows the following UDP ports open
>>> 53
>>> 8000