[PLUG] com port in guest to usb in host (virtual box)

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 05:14:11 UTC 2017

I agree completely.  I have downloaded sigrok-cli.  Now I have to try to
understand how to use it.  (I feel a bit overwhelmed.)
Where do I put the driver? Is output/input with respect to the external
device or the software?  I assume the device, judging by the longer list of
output formats.  What is the protocol?  Do  I need to know, or will the
driver decide?

sigrok-cli -V
sigrok-cli 0.5.0

Using libsigrok 0.3.0 (lib version 2:0:0).
Using libsigrokdecode 0.3.0 (lib version 2:0:0).

Supported hardware drivers:
 .
.
.
  mastech-mas345       MASTECH MAS345
 .
.
.
Supported input formats:
  binary               Raw binary
  chronovu-la8         ChronoVu LA8
  csv                  Comma-separated values (CSV)
  vcd                  Value Change Dump
  wav                  WAV file

Supported output formats:
  analog               Analog data
  ascii                ASCII
  binary               Raw binary
  bits                 Bits
  chronovu-la8         ChronoVu LA8
  csv                  Comma-separated values (CSV)
  gnuplot              Gnuplot
  hex                  Hexadecimal
  ols                  OpenBench Logic Sniffer
  vcd                  Value Change Dump (VCD)

Supported protocol decoders:
  avr_isp              AVR In-System Programming
  can                  Controller Area Network
  dcf77                DCF77 time protocol
  ds1307               Dallas DS1307
  edid                 Extended Display Identification Data
  guess_bitrate        Guess bitrate/baudrate
  i2c                  Inter-Integrated Circuit
  i2cdemux             I²C demultiplexer
  i2cfilter            I²C filter
  i2s                  Integrated Interchip Sound
  ir_nec               IR NEC
  ir_rc5               IR RC-5
  jtag                 Joint Test Action Group (IEEE 1149.1)
  jtag_stm32           Joint Test Action Group / ST STM32
  lm75                 National LM75
  lpc                  Low-Pin-Count
  maxim_ds28ea00       Maxim DS28EA00 1-Wire digital thermometer
  midi                 Musical Instrument Digital Interface
  mlx90614             Melexis MLX90614
  mx25lxx05d           Macronix MX25Lxx05D
  mxc6225xu            MEMSIC MXC6225XU
  nunchuk              Nintendo Wii Nunchuk
  onewire_link         1-Wire serial communication bus (link layer)
  onewire_network      1-Wire serial communication bus (network layer)
  pan1321              Panasonic PAN1321
  parallel             Parallel sync bus
  rgb_led_spi          RGB LED string decoder (SPI)
  rtc8564              Epson RTC-8564 JE/NB
  sdcard_spi           Secure Digital card (SPI mode)
  spi                  Serial Peripheral Interface
  tlc5620              Texas Instruments TLC5620
  uart                 Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
  usb_packet           Universal Serial Bus (LS/FS) packet
  usb_signalling       Universal Serial Bus (LS/FS) signalling
  xfp                  10 Gigabit Small Form Factor Pluggable Module (XFP)
  z80                  Zilog Z80 CPU