[PLUG] Can't log in to D-Link DIR-860L (with OpenWRT)

Mke C> mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 21:30:44 UTC 2017

On 12/09/2017 12:00 PM, plug-request at pdxlinux.org wrote:
> Because I have a Brother laser printer that is giving me grief and I
> failed to put a label on it with its IP address (which is my normal
> practice for printers).
>
> Any suggestions welcome.:)

I'm not exactly sure what you're tying to accomplish of or if this
helpful, but it should be pretty quick & easy to figure out the printers
ip addr without
having to login to your OpenWRT router.

You can either get the MAC addr OUI, Organizational Unique Identifier
from a tag on the printer itself or you can look it up on the web,
https://www.adminsub.net/mac-address-finder/Brother . It's the first 6
alphanumeric characters.

If the printer has physical network connectivity, you should be able run
the "arp -a" from the command line on a computer on the same lan segment
and get the mac to ip addr mapping for the printer.

e.g.
~$ arp -a
? (10.0.0.4) at e0:f8:47:09:45:3a [ether] on enp0s25
? (10.0.0.1) at 00:00:ca:11:22:33 [ether] on enp0s25