[PLUG] com port in guest to usb in host (virtual box)

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 02:28:05 UTC 2017

Here is the protocol description I recall finding:

MAS345:

data format: 7n2 at 600 baud (7 bits, no parity, 2 stop bits).
Control lines:
   DTR and RTS lines are used to power the TX line: RTS is clear
   for -12 supply; DTR is set for +12 supply. Data transmission is
   solicited sending whatever character to the RX line.
Data string format:
   MAS-345 sends a 14 bytes string with:
         <mode>< ><sign><value>< ><units><return>
   <mode>:  two bytes with the oerating mode: DC, AC, OH, CA, TE ...
   <sign>:  one byte with - or space
   <value>: five bytes with four digits and one decimal dot.
   <units>: four bytes with the units: mV, A, kOhm, nF ...
   <return>: '\r'
   One space is inserted between <mode> and <sign>, one between
   <value> and <units>.
   The data string (without the '\r') is sent to the output device.