[PLUG] Another SpiritOne Question

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 05:01:46 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 7:56 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> 6) If you get fiber be advised that fiber is not as forgiving as
> copper. A kink in the line and you are dead. I learned this the hard
> way. But the installer guy who came out to fix it did not put it down
> as a repair, so it didn't cost me anything. Did I mention that their
> installers are cool people?

The major problem I had with Centurylink was convincing the office that I
had a problem, and that it was in their wiring on the outside of my house.
But once I got them convinced they practically threw service people at me.

Well, really, it was one service person who spent multiple hours fiddling
with the wiring and the box.  And then came back, with a crew, the next
day, ostensibly to verify that everything was still working.  But I suspect
that the real reason was to show a bunch of new guys what had gone wrong
with the old wiring, and what not to do themselves.

And in the process, at least two of them practically begged me to switch to
fiber, so that they wouldn't have to maintain the old copper.