[PLUG] dsl woes

Bob Vinisky bob at cherrycreekdaffodils.com
Fri Dec 15 01:24:03 UTC 2017

> On Dec 14, 2017, at 5:09 PM, Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:
>>
>> Couldn’t agree more. To be more precise, when we first were granted dal, about 5 or so years ago, I had the connection running through Aracnet. My dal modem ( a Zoom ) just bridges the stuff to my lan router, which does all the heavy lifting. The dal modem only modems - is not a router.
>
> I assume you mean DSL.

yes

>> This setup has been flawless, until the Great Demise (Aracnet). Since then, as a stopgap, the sip chores now are in Frontier’s clutches - ah - hands.
>
> I assume you mean ISP.

yes

> I want to confirm that your the WAN and LAN networks are different,
> sensible and non-overlapping.

this is true. the dal modem has an ip of 192.168.1.1 and the router WAN ip is 192.168.1.2
These are the only two devices assigned.

As I said, until two days ago, this setup was working like a champ - and had been for some years now. The outage occurred sometime around 8-9 am and I had been online (web, email, etc) earlier.

I am convinced the issue if not here, but with Frontier, but so far cannot confirm this. The very strange set of events looking for answers from Frontier has me scrambling for assistance.

Bob

  -----
In Space, mexican food is considered a form of propulsion