[PLUG] dsl woes

Bob Vinisky bob at cherrycreekdaffodils.com
Fri Dec 15 02:06:59 UTC 2017

> On Dec 14, 2017, at 5:55 PM, Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:
>
> That makes no sense.  They can't see past your router.  Your router
> pretends to be all the devices on your LAN.  Does your computer on the LAN
> have a 192.168.107.x address?
>
> The other thing is that Frontier (afaik) uses PPPoE for authentication.
> That would be running on their modem.  As long as your Frontier credentials
> are programmed in, you should be fine.  Are they?  You switched from
> Aracnet/SpiritOne how long ago?  Maybe this is still part of the transition?

Well, didn’t exactly “switch from” Aracnet. (Visions of John Cleese and Michael Palin discussing a dead parrot). They went away and Frontier became my new home. That was a month and a half ago, and the service was ok - - not a good as when Aracnet fed it, but decent.

Until Tuesday..

The dal modem settings have not changed (or been changed), and all of the diagnostic readings are the same. Same with the ipFire router.

This is the perplexing aspect.

Thanks

Bob

     -------
When man calls an animal "vicious", he usually means that it
will attempt to defend itself when he tries to kill it.