[PLUG] com port in guest to usb in host (virtual box)

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 05:24:25 UTC 2017

Measuring with a 'scope with the laptop issuing the  command sigrok-cli
--driver mastech-mas345:conn=/dev/ttyUSB0 --samples 10:

triggering on DTR

DTR goes from -6.6V to +7.6V and remains there 'till 9.64s
RX goes from -2.6V to +6.4V for .48s then again at 2.6s,3.12s, etc 'till
7.32s (10 groups of data pulses after the initial .48s wide group)
RTS sits at -6.4V except for a narrow spike to +6.6V at 2.44s
TX  starts at -6.4V 'till 2.6s, 3.12s, etc where it has a double pulse of
5ms each spaced 1.7ms. These pulse groups start synchronously with the RX
groups.

If I want to get more detail I think I need to trigger on TX.

So it looks like data is being sent. Is it received and sent to a bit
bucket, or not received by the usb-to-serial device?  How to find out?

-Denis

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com