[PLUG] Need an OLD style BASIC

Neal nsedell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 21:17:22 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Richard Owlett <rowlett at cloud85.net> wrote:

> Or solving some particular problem?
>>

> Actually a loosely defined set of problems.
> I've often wished for BASIC to write a simple script.
> There are a proliferate plethora of corpulent Basic's out there.

I applaud your efforts in doing this Just Because, intellectual curiosity,
comfort food for the programming soul, etc. Richard.

Just Because I was curious I ran 'apt install basic256' and got this:

0 upgraded, 43 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
Need to get 21.0 MB of archives.
After this operation, 60.3 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

Hmmm, pot, kettle corpulent is in the eye of the dependency, etc. :-)

I'm no expert but several of the extras seem to be qt4 related. I don't
grok qt4, just guessing based on console output.

This was on a Ubuntu Server 16.04.1 LTS box used mostly for Samba and WeeWx
purposes, with little else added from the base non-GUI install.

Have fun,

NealS