[PLUG] com port in guest to usb in host (virtual box)

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 22:39:40 UTC 2017

Galen, thanks for the Clinic offer, but I will not be able to make it
there.

Since my last report I have set the baud rate and bits:

denis at denis-ThinkPad-L420:~$ stty -F/dev/ttyUSB0 -a
speed 600 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt =
^R;
werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; discard = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd -cmspar cs7 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon
-ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel -iutf8
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0
ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke -flusho -extproc

What I do not seem to be able to set is "no parity".  I see odd and even
but not none in man stty.  The protocol is supposed to be:
data format: 7n2 at 600 baud (7 bits, no parity, 2 stop bits).

The narrowest pulse is 1.6ms except for a 0.8ms pulse at the start.  The
wide pulse is 5ms with a space of 3.3ms.