[PLUG] dsl woes

Bob Vinisky bob at cherrycreekdaffodils.com
Fri Dec 15 23:34:00 UTC 2017

> On Dec 15, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bob,
>
> Russell was asking a few questions and after this long, there is still no
> clear and definite answer.
>
> Could you please try to contain your frustrations and answer that, and only
> that? There is no help possible without knowing the facts.
>
> 1. What is this "dal" - what does that abbreviation mean?
> 2. Does your internet works when you connect a computer to DSL modem
> directly?
> 3. If answer to 2. is yes, what is IP, net mask and default route for the
> computer connected to DSL modem?
> 4. What is WAN IP on your LAN router when you connect it to DSL modem.
> 5. What IP, netmask and default route do you get when you connect a
> computer to LAN side of your LAN router?
>
> Thank you,
> Tomas

Howdy,

Sorry about the delay - just spent 2 hours with an actual technical person who was helpful.

In answer to your questions:

1 - DSL, the sole Internet connection available here. I live in the hills outside Sherwood, so, except for Frontier’sDSL service, we only have dial-up, wireless, hughes-net, etc.

2 - yes

3 - 192.168.1.3  —  255.255.255.0

4 - 192.168.1.2

5 - 192.168.107.xxx

fwiw, I believe a solution to this issue is on the horizon. Working on a fix now

Thanks

Bob

  ------
Remember, even if you win the rat race -- you're still a rat.