[PLUG] dsl woes

Bob Vinisky bob at cherrycreekdaffodils.com
Sat Dec 16 02:50:50 UTC 2017

> On Dec 15, 2017, at 6:25 PM, Ishak Micheil <isaacem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think we're trying to solve the easy path of egress traffic, which is
> good.
> Yes, indeed validate by simple nslookup www.google.com
> Or
> 8.8.8.8
>

> Do I understand correctly that no ingress traffic too? How did u validate
> that? If the answer is yes, then it's frontier that should be able to help
> you.
> What is your frontier modem model?
> Once I know the model I can walk you possibly to the modem logs.

I’m beginning to believe the pertinent questions revolve around knowing what it was that caused this in the first place.

The options I got today from the DSL tech at Frontier have me well on the way to “fixing” this issue - - I am becoming more interested in the cause.

I’m not much more than moderately adept at networking in general, but I do know events like I’ve been experiencing are not normal and, in many ways, almost impossible to happen - - but they did. So logic tells me something had to have caused this.

Soon as I can fix up this router issue, I believe the issue will clear, giving more time to figure out why and how.

Thanks to all for the help

Bob

   -------