[PLUG] com port in guest to usb in host (virtual box)

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 23:39:42 UTC 2017

I fashioned a breakout of the usb connector to see if the serial-to-usb
adapter was generating signals on the usb lines when the dmm was generating
signals on the rs232 lines.  This may have been a fool's errand, as it
looks like there are constant pulses on the usb with 250 ns rep. rate, and
I do not have a differential probe, only two separate probes with a math
function on the scope.  I think that the usb signals change when the dmm is
sending signals, but that is as precise as I can be.  The net result is I
do not know if the data is reasonably present at the usb end.

Next might be some sort of usb sniffer/logger.  Is there such a thing that
might provide some insight?