[PLUG] How do I get rid of this command line environment?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Thu Dec 21 23:36:55 UTC 2017

On 12/21/2017 03:27 PM, Russell Senior wrote:
> Ctrl-Alt-F7 (and Ctrl-Alt-F8, if you had more than one X11 session
> going, etc) was the traditional place to find X11.  It might be
> another one, try them all.  Ctrl-Alt-F1 (and neighbors) is where the
> text-based ttys live.  They work without X11.

Ctrl-Alt-F7 doesn't do anything, nor does Ctrl-Alt-F1 through F6.

Ctrl-Alt-F8 makes both screens go to black. Ctrl-Alt-F7 returns the
screens to what they were before.

I remember years ago using Ctrl-Alt-F1 through F6 before to get a
command prompt screen, which I would leave via Ctrl-Alt-F7. I don't
recall getting this one before, though.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens