[PLUG] Translating spreadsheet file: XessSE to LO calc [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 9 18:43:11 UTC 2017

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, Ken Stephens wrote:

> Sounds like if you can manually edit it in emacs, then you can create a
> script in either perl or your favorite flavor to convert it to a csv file
> that LO would be able to read.

Ken,

   An emacs macro did the job after I stripped off all spreadsheet-specific
characters.

   I don't need it as a spreadsheet but as a text file that can be
reformatted for insertion into a database table. I thought it would be
quicker to translate it to LO format then export as a .csv file. Perhaps so,
but now the job's done. :-)

Thanks,