[PLUG] Optimal font size for virtual terminals

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 12 19:26:10 UTC 2017

   My three portables have screen sizes of 15", 14", and 10". Is there a
utility that will suggest an optimal font size for virtual terminals of a
given geometry?

   For example, on the laptop with the 15" screen if I configure urxvt with
geometry 75x25 then sanserif font size 10x20 is clearly read. But, the
windows are a bit large and overlap. When I change the font size to 8x16 it
becomes a less-clear serif font with thinner strokes.

   Is there an alternative to trial-and-error of different font sizes for a
given window size?