[PLUG] mobile only website hijacking

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:21:55 UTC 2017

On 02/18/2017 10:30 AM, Daniel Herrington wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me understand how web presence companies such
> as singleplatform hijack a restaurants mobile site?
>
> My friends site returns correctly on the laptop, but redirects to
> singleplatform's site, in what appears to be a redirect after you hit the
> actual mobile site. The site is on wix.com, and the whois shows my buddy
> still owns the domain.
>
> thanks,

I would contact wix.com before you assume a highjacking. There probably
is a typo or bug in the mobile version site formatting - e.g.,
computer/laptop monitor vs. phone vs tablet - or possibly DNS since it
looks like singleplatform uses squarespace as host.

Also, wix is not automatically mobile responsive - although the desktop
templates should be viewable on the mobile device - so you need to set
up the mobile version via an editor.

-Ed