[PLUG] question on Mozilla Firefox holding up Yast2 system admin program

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 06:38:05 UTC 2017

Can you describe what do you mean? How is Firefox  blocking Yast2?
Are you:
a) Downloading some one-click package from OBS expecting Firefox to
start Yast2?
b) Starting Yast2 from command line and something tells you that
Firefox prevents it from running?
If a) is you problem:
* Check your MIME type settings in Preferences --> Applications -->
YaST Meta Package - should be set to: Always ask
  See more at: https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Manage-preferences-and-ad
d-ons/Applications-panel-Set-how-Firefox-handles-different-types-of/ta
-p/1900
  Alternatively you can always start Yast2 from the command line as
root by typing: yast2
-Tomas