[PLUG] question on Mozilla Firefox holding up Yast2 system admin program

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Feb 23 18:10:00 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:57 AM, logical american <website.reader3 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 2/22/2017 10:38 PM, Tom wrote:
> > Can you describe what do you mean? How is Firefox  blocking Yast2?
> > Are you:
> > a) Downloading some one-click package from OBS expecting Firefox to
> > start Yast2?
> > b) Starting Yast2 from command line and something tells you that
> > Firefox prevents it from running?
> sorry about being too terse.
>
> I was starting Yast2 from the command line, in one gnome terminal
> window, but I had another firefox window open already.
>
> I was totally surprised, when firefox blocked the CLI command from
> executing.
>
> - Randall

I think you're still in "too terse" territory. We are not familiar with any
way for Firefox to "block" any other application from opening. What do you
actually see when you try to open Yast2 while Firefox is already running?

And also, please confirm that opening Yast2 in this way does work when
Firefox is not running.

-wes