[PLUG] Remote host lost ssh key verification

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 24 15:45:03 UTC 2017

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Advice on finding the reason ssh became FUBAR and fixing the problem is
> needed.

   The situation is more confusing.

   I copied the two public keys from the workstation to the laptop.
Initially, scp asked if I wanted to trust the connection and I responded,
'yes.' Then scp denied the connection.

   When I look at the contents of the workstation's ~/.ssh/config I see one
line with the port number. When I look at the laptop's ~/.ssh/config I see
what appears to be several public keys and a list of the same port number,
one for each time I run 'less config.' However, when I open config in an
editor I see only the one line with the port number.

   Looks like today will be spent fixing this problem. Do I need to start
from scratch configuring ssh on the laptop?

Sigh,