[PLUG] boot filled

c cbpurcell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:11:01 UTC 2017

If you use ubuntu, you could use something like ubuntu-tweak or synaptic to
let you select the kernels in a gui and delete them.

If you are not on ubuntu, or prefer command line you can

get the name of your current kernel
uname -r

list all kernels except what you are currently using
dpkg -l | tail -n +6 | grep -E 'linux-image-[0-9]+' | grep -Fv $(uname -r)

remove listed packages
sudo dpkg --purge #NAME GOES HERE#

http://askubuntu.com/questions/2793/how-do-i-remove-old-kernel-versions-to-clean-up-the-boot-menu
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RemoveOldKernels

Purcell

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The last time this happened Tomas told me what to do, but I did not write
> it down and my mind is a sieve.  What is the solution?  There are 9
> archived images.  How do I safely throw out the older ones?
>
> Thanks,
> -Denis

Darkness spoons with you.