[PLUG] scp issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 24 20:29:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, King Beowulf wrote:

> (remember: the default Slackware install of sshd does not use keys at all.
> You login via normal username/password. See explanation on the other list
> thread.)

   Having setup ssh/sshd on Slackware in 2003, and having it work with this
laptop up through 14.1 and with 14.2 a month or so ago, I need to understand
why it's now broken.

   To repeat, I do not remotely login via ssh with a username and password, I
use the passphrase (which is not the same as a password since it contains
multiple words and punctuation.)