[PLUG] Remote host lost ssh key verification [UPDATED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 24 21:01:35 UTC 2017

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, King Beowulf wrote:

> On DESTINATION computer: delete ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

Ed,

   That's the problem: there's no public key for this laptop in
~/.ssh/authorized keys!

   If I copy the laptop's /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key.pub to a thumb drive
and from there to the desktop's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys it is associated with
root@<laptop_hostname>. The existing public key in authorized_keys is
associated with rshepard@<laptop_hostname>.

   How do I transfer the laptop's ed25519_key.pub to the desktop with
assignment to me as the authorized user?