[PLUG] Looking for Recruiter Recommendations

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 00:21:17 UTC 2017

Have to give it some thought...

I recall applying for a field service job servicing automatic barriers,
like those
used in secure facilities and embassies. The ones that pop up out of the
ground.
I submitted my resume on line, two minutes go by and I get a call, "can you
come
to our office in Clearwater, (FL) tomorrow?" I told them yes as I lived in
Tampa
at that time and it was just a drive across the bay. Went to the interview
the next
day everyone wanted to talk to me from the owner down. They made me an offer
that matched what I was making at the old place of employment (which had got
rid of all of the USA and EU FSE's because they were hiring them out of SE.
Asia at wicked cheap rates). They told me I was the guy they needed, and
that
they just had to go through the act if interviewing, I got a couple of
calls over
the next 3 days that all was going well and I would be back in there the
next
week to do paper work. Then they went dark. I let a week go by and called.
They
told me that they had found a guy to do the job for $35K/year and had hired
him. Turns out right after they hired him they shipped him off to Iraq to
work on
automated barriers there. FOR $35K/year. Glad I did NOT get it because they
would have had to pay me a LOT more than that to go to Iraq...

That technology had all kinds of electronics and PLC's associated with it,
there
were cameras and image recognition, neat stuff.