[PLUG] question on Mozilla Firefox holding up Yast2 system admin program

logical american website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:36:26 UTC 2017

On 2/23/2017 10:10 AM, wes wrote:
> I think you're still in "too terse" territory. We are not familiar with any
> way for Firefox to "block" any other application from opening. What do you
> actually see when you try to open Yast2 while Firefox is already running?
Wes:

I went back and checked again.  It was the yast2 command which failed,
but because it could NOT open an X-window. Unfortunately the message
which popped up on my screen indicated that Firefox had blocked the
command from executing from the CLI terminal window.

This most likely was caused by some gnome interception of the error code
and an attempt to identify the cause.

I understand that the true cause was the inability of yast2 to properly
open up a new popup window.

Thanks for your questions and telling me to be more specific and less terse.

- Randall

--
CONFIDENTIAL: This email message and/or any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, dissemination, disclosure, retention or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments. This communication (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521.