[PLUG] question on Mozilla Firefox holding up Yast2 system admin program

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:48:20 UTC 2017

I still do not think that what you see is Firefox related.
Are you trying to use Yast2 remotely from another machine? If so, how
do you log in? Ssh/VNC/.....?
To give you head start for further follow up, here is little Yast2
trivia if you run on local machine:
  * Yast2 needs to be started as root
  * on SuSE, sudo does not forward X traffic, so running: sudo yast2
    will start Yast2 in text (ncurses) mode. You might not like that.
  * To get Yast2 to come in X GUI, use following commands:
    - become root: su
   - start Yast2: yast2
If you need to run yast on remote machine and want X GUI, The best way
is to use VNC.
Hope it helps, Tomas