[PLUG] Needed: Modern equivalent of a "null-modem cable"

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:42:54 UTC 2017

They both have wifi[1.2]. Have them both connect to your wireless
access point and they should both be able to talk to each other.

But if you do want a direct connection, use a regular patch cable
between them and manually assign each their own IP.  Both of those
systems have GigE NICs [1,2].

"Gigabit and faster Ethernet links over twisted pair cable use all
four cable pairs for simultaneous transmission in both directions. For
this reason, there are no dedicated transmit and receive pairs, and
consequently, crossover cables are never required for 1000BASE-T
communication."[3]

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

[1] https://www.cnet.com/products/thinkpad-t43/specs/
[2] https://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-thinkpad-t430/specs/