[PLUG] Emacs: change word case in CSV file

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 28 23:32:12 UTC 2017

   Some agency databases store all words in uppercase and that's how they are
downloaded to a .csv file.

   I tried creating a macro that would capitalize all uppercase words by
using M-c M-f to capitalize the word under the cursor then move to the next
word. Emacs apparently sees the field-separating comma as the next word, so
I added a right arrow press between the M-c and M-f. This results in a
mish-mash where some words are changed and others aren't because multiple
words within a field are not separated by a comma.

   My web searches have not found a working solution so I'm looking for
suggestions from the emacs gurus here.