[PLUG] Emacs: change word case in CSV file

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 29 00:37:59 UTC 2017

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017, Ali Corbin wrote:

> In my version of emacs, in fundamental mode, M-c alone does just what you
> want. I think.
>
> That is, if I put my cursor at the beginning of:
>
> ASDF ASDF,ASDF ASDFA, ADSFA A,ASDF
>
> and hit M-c about 6 times, I end up with:
>
> Asdf Asdf,Asdf Asdfa, Adsfa A,Asdf

Ali,

   That's the way mine works, too. However, with > 2,400 lines each with
multiple fields doing this manually is impractical.

   What I did (and should have mentioned in the original message) after
creating the macro was C-u 0 C-x e which runs the macro until the end of the
file (about 24k times in this case). That's how I ended up with a big mess
of some words capitalized and others untouched.

Thanks,