[PLUG] Manuals for HP Laserjet 4

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Jan 30 18:42:44 UTC 2017

Regards and HP4+
On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 09:37:25AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> >If someone else hasn't already spoken for it, I'll take it.
> It's been spoken for. :)

I have six manuals for the Laserjet 4 and 4M from a recent
cleanup (the last LJ4 left a decade ago).  A mechanical
parts level service manual, users manual, networking,
PCL5 manuals.  About 8 inches of shelf space.

I don't know how applicable these are to the LJ4+, or
whether anyone still cares about HP's PCL printer control
language, but my guess is that they still apply, and
should be useful for maintaining open-source printer
drivers for these venerable, built-like-a-tank machines.

I expect that currently deployed LJ4s will remain working
long after all the current crop of cheap new printers
wear out, and after the Chinese stop selling us new ones
because you-know-who pissed them off.  So, these manuals
may be vital to those trying to keep the remaining
fraction of our economy functioning.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com