[PLUG] Keeping up with the times

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 11 18:41:49 UTC 2017

   This is a mea culpa that may help others to avoid the same setup error.

   Some here might remember my thread(s) about a Sony Vaio laptop not keeping
time properly. Only today did it occur to me why it would keep creeping
ahead, so I went looking for the problem and found it.

   For reasons to forever be unknown, when I installed Slackware on this
portable I neglected to edit /etc/ntp.conf, uncomment the list of time
servers, and specify they're in the us.pool. Sigh.

   Having corrected this situation I set the date and ran ntpdate. I expect
this to have solved this long-standing error. Shame on me for not finding
this much sooner!