[PLUG] Add words to LibreOffice spell check dictionary

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Jul 25 21:11:32 UTC 2017

On 07/25/2017 02:03 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2017, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> There used to be an menu entry to add words to my user defined spell check
>> dictionary. IIRC, it used to be under tools. I don't find it there in
>> version 5.1.6.2 in Ubuntu MATE 16.04. Does anyone know where it went?
> Dick,
>
>     Does this help?
> <https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Edit_Custom_Dictionary>

No. That lets me get at the dictionary file and mess with it off line,
so to speak.

However I did finally find what I wanted. They moved it to Tools>Auto
Correct>Auto Correct Options ...

When will developers learn the basic rule of DFWAB? (Don't Fix What
Ain't Broke)

Thanks for the hint. It made me take another look. It helped that I
finally recalled that it was Auto Correct that I was looking for.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens