[PLUG] What do you call it? LibreOffice preview screen?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Thu Jul 27 01:54:14 UTC 2017

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 09:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>For example, emacs which opens in an urxvt terminal has this
> command line:
>/usr/bin/emacs -fg wheat -bg black -geometry 115x45+150+10
>
>The geometry specifies a width of 115 pixels and a height of 45 pixels
>and places the upper left corner of the window at 150, 10 pixels (x,
>y).
>
>Another example: LyX which opens in its own window has this command
>line: >/usr/bin/lyx -geometry 1300x800+40+20

OK, the pointer trick didn't work, but I fudged it by taking a
screenshot to the clipboard, opening it in the GIMP, and taking note of
the size of the resulting graphic, which was 1120 x 1060. I added this
to the launcher for Evince, but afterward it wouldn't launch. From the
command line I got:

evince -geometry 1120x1060+150+10
Cannot parse arguments: Unknown option -geometry

So that leaves me wondering what the -geometry option belongs to.