[PLUG] What do you call it? LibreOffice preview screen?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Thu Jul 27 16:05:22 UTC 2017

On 07/27/2017 08:29 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> It sounds like what I need to do is to remember never to close the last
>> LO open document without closing LO.
> Dick,
>
>     I've not seen the main screen because when I'm done with a document I use
> ctrl-q to quit LO. If I have multiple docs open (a rare occurrence) I might
> use ctrl-w on one or two, but never the last one. Guess it didn't occur to
> me to close the open open document when I wanted to leave LO. I'm sure
> you'll have no trouble hitting the 'q' key instead of the 'w' key.

My work process involves tracking the time worked on a Writer document
in a spreadsheet. Once finished, and the Writer document is already
closed, I close the spreadsheet. Then I open another spreadsheet that
has a list of all the current work, so I can mark this one as finished.
The issue which, now that I think of it, never came up before this
version of LO. Rather than close LO completely, I close the spreadsheet.
That's when the LO start screen window fills up with their "helpful"
stuff, and increases in size. When I open my second spreadsheet the size
stays the same as the start screen. In the future I'll just have to
remember to close LO when closing the first spreadsheet. That way LO
will start at the "correct" size.

Thanks for your thoughts.

--
Regards,