[PLUG] Advanced Topics

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Jul 27 19:57:47 UTC 2017

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan  <alan at clueserver.org> writes:

Alan> You think I don't know that?  I spent 8 years scheduling speakers
Alan> before hitting burnout.

Alan> If needs be we can investigate different venues. It is nice to
Alan> have a place with food and drink during the talks.  Worth
Alan> investigating.

I'm in favor of investigating a change of venue.  I love Free Geek, and
it's quiet, and there is a network and a display surface, but I find the
meeting room kind of blah, aesthetically, and of course there isn't any
food and drink.

Personal Telco Project had its Annual Members Meeting at Lucky Lab on
Hawthorne and it was *loud*.  The meeting room there isn't a good choice
because of the cost.

Alan> How advanced do people want to go with the talks?  Graduate level?
Alan> Not beginner? Something inbetween?

Almost doesn't matter.  I wouldn't feel constrained, either way.  I think
usually the speaker will have an idea of who they are aiming at and can
choose advanced topics or general.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net