[PLUG] Dell Latitide BIOS upgrades [UPDATED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 19 17:20:05 UTC 2017

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, wes wrote:

>> AFUWIN.EXE*   E5410A16.exe*
>> BOOTLOG.TXT*  M2100A06.exe*

> copy E5410A16.exe and M2100A06.exe to the flash drive.

Wes,

   Done.

> ... then, boot to the flash drive. then, execute the exe which matches
>  the model number of the system you're working on currently.

   If I understand correctly, I need to change the BIOS setting so the USB
flash drive is the first to be seen as bootable. Correct? After the upgrade
I return the cdrom drive to boot first in the BIOS settings.

   BTW, the Dell tech with whom I spoke didn't answer my question whether the
new BIOS version (A06) supports booting from the SSD. Time will tell.